Question Acer Laptop will not boot after reinstallation of Win 10

mmaarrttiimm

Honorable
Jan 20, 2018
Hello, my mom was having some issues on her Acer Windows 10 laptop such as not the Windows and search button not working, as well as not being able to open pictures and getting some error messages saying that Windows files are missing.
So, I went ahead and formatted her pc removing all files and reinstalling Windows 10 on her pc. The problem is that upon attempting to boot up, the laptop would stay in a stuck loop of asking me for my language preferences and then attempting to start Windows but never managing to. So I went ahead and installed a Windows installation key and put it on a USB, tried again and this time I get a new UI but still roughly the same exact loop happens. This time however I have access to some standard Windows file repairing tools (didn't work) and more options, such as cmd, so I believe someone might be able to help me.
My theory is that this is related to the HDD not working well anymore, but I'd like to not have to change it if it isn't the issue here.
Any help is much appreciated,
Martim

Hello, my mom was having some issues on her Acer Windows 10 laptop such as not the Windows and search button not working, as well as not being able to open pictures and getting some error messages saying that Windows files are missing.
So, I went ahead and formatted her pc removing all files and reinstalling Windows 10 on her pc. The problem is that upon attempting to boot up, the laptop would stay in a stuck loop of asking me for my language preferences and then attempting to start Windows but never managing to. So I went ahead and installed a Windows installation key and put it on a USB, tried again and this time I get a new UI but still roughly the same exact loop happens. This time however I have access to some standard Windows file repairing tools (didn't work) and more options, such as cmd, so I believe someone might be able to help me.
My theory is that this is related to the HDD not working well anymore, but I'd like to not have to change it if it isn't the issue here.
Any help is much appreciated,
Martim
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.
No errors allowed.

A lot of the pc has to function for that to work.