Acer laptop won't move past initial load screen

ImYlem

Honorable
Sep 4, 2014
Hello everyone, this is my first post so I apologize if this isn't posted in the correct sub thread. Anyway...

This problem had started after I "installed updates and shut down" my laptop. When I turned on the laptop this morning it stayed on the initial load screen and will not progress. The little loading spinner keeps spinning and spinning as if it is loading or doing something but never does anything. I have tried a system refresh which did nothing, I also tried to restore from a point before the updates which also didn't do anything (just freezes)
I have no idea what the problem could be as I have had no problems with the machine up until now. Ihave a suspicion in the updates l but don't understand why they would be the culprit.
I have read many threads on this forum and many others about similar issues and have had no success.

Any ideas would be wonderful.

If you guys need additional information just let me know

Thanks in advance,

Ylem

Solution
Press the power button to start the unit and immediately begin repeatedly pressing F8 until the advanced boot options menu appears. If it fails to load the boot menu then power back off and try again but hold the shift key down while pressing F8 repeatedly.
Try to boot into safe mode and then restart from within windows. If that won't work boot to safe mode and try to restore to a point prior to when the updates were installed. If no luck there try to do a system repair from the boot menu screen. If they all fail we can go from there.

Press the power button to start the unit and immediately begin repeatedly pressing F8 until the advanced boot options menu appears. If it fails to load the boot menu then power back off and try again but hold the shift key down while pressing F8 repeatedly.

Solution