Question Acer laptop's screen goes black after graphics driver update

Apr 12, 2020
Hi there!
I have an Acer TravelMate p-256 laptop with this specifications:
Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor
4GB Memory
Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Recently my windows 10 has been updated and after a restart, the screen has gone black after Acer logo (while booting up), so windows log-in screen hasn't been displayed but the voices of notification (like plugging a flash memory) prove that windows is working correctly but screen remains black without any display. I've connected it to an external TV by an HDMI cable but it's not showing anything yet.
I tried to reinstall my windows and after that, my screen came back! But exactly after updating the graphics driver, it goes black again. Eventually I installed previous versions of Windows and graphics drivers also, but every time it happened and it forced me to turn my Windows to the last restore point before the graphics updating! (I've just used the official versions presented in Intel website)
Now I disabled my windows AutoUpdate and my laptop is available just for general uses, but without my graphics driver installation I'm not able to even change my screen's brightness!<Never mind about gaming> :'(
I'm pretty sure that my graphics chipset is working properly because before installing the driver, I can use any of my windows' utilities or playing videos, but everything comes up through THE GRAPHICS DRIVER!

First download vga drivers from laptop manufactor site, go to Acer site and enter your model or serial to https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Select your operating system, then Download the video / vga drivers. Put that file to your desktop.

Then download DDu (display driver uninstaller), boot into safe mode (google is your friend how). plug off your network cable and disable wifi, and run DDU in safe mode then select GPU from drop down menu and then select intel, then do (Recommended clean), wait until it finisishes, it will restarts automatically. Boot into windows (normal) and install the Vga drivers you got from acer site earlier from desktop. restart if needed after installation.

+1 Ketchup79 you beat me to it :D

First try the driver fix we proposed, if that wont work then update bios. Check that your battery is atleast 50% or more power and power cable is plugged in. After downloading the bios upgrader turn off your antivirus program completely or atleast until next boot, then turn off firewall aswell. Then proceed with the bios updater. After it has installed and rebooted and you boot next time to windows you can enable them again.