Acer Lifts The Veil On Its Predator G6-710 Gaming Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
64GB on a gaming Desktop?
Seems excessive. 16GB with a 980Ti would be a better use of money surely.
I don't think gaming PC manufacturers give their customers enough credit, opting for bigger numbers as selling points rather than making the best possible gaming PC for that price. So many "gaming" machines pair i7 CPU & Large amounts of RAM rather than spending more on graphics. No wonder many serious gamers custom build.

Prebuilt manufactures love stuffing insane amounts of RAM into computer and then they pair it with an i7 or a 9000 core'd CPU from AMD and then a GT 740 and they call it a gaming computer. Oh and let's not forget the "gaming case"..

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Capable of holding "a whopping" 12TB of storage, plus an additional 512GB if you add an optional SSD? Try not to get too excited about that, Acer. The rest of the world is aware 8TB HDDs and 2TB SSDs exist.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Victim? Hardly... Me buy a pre-built? That's laughable. And who the heck is Henry Cortez?

I was pointing out that 12TB of HDD storage in a desktop isn't that much at all. While an 8TB HDD was an extreme example, 4TB HDDs are relatively common and rather affordable. And I think that's what Acer was using as the basis for its 12TB example (three, 4TB drives).

My own motherboard has 8 SATA ports and my case has 8 HDD bays. 8 * 4TB = 32TB or 20TB more than Acer is boasting about.

My brother's board has 10 SATA ports...

How is this relative to my comment? Nowhere did I mention storage.

LostAlone

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
64GB of RAM is clearly over the top in a gaming machine. No-one needs that much RAM, or at least if you do then you sure as hell aren't buying an off the shelf gaming machine.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
You posters need to stop acting like you're the target demographic for this system. They are not trying to make a sale to a tech savvy individual with computer hardware know how. They're going for that person who either doesn't have the drive or the time to do their own research but certainly has the money and a desire to flash their e-peen

FashionablyLate

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
64GB of RAM is clearly over the top in a gaming machine. No-one needs that much RAM, or at least if you do then you sure as hell aren't buying an off the shelf gaming machine.

Unless you want to load the game you're playing into RAM for faster load times and texture streaming. That's the only reason I see for including that much.

^This.
While I agree with this all the way, its still ugly lol

op8

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
lol, i knew everyone would be making fun. I don't even think their target demographic will go for this!

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008

Gee. Maybe because you said:
Sounds like RazberyBandit and Henry Cortes are victims to this.
After I said:
Capable of holding "a whopping" 12TB of storage, plus an additional 512GB if you add an optional SSD? Try not to get too excited about that, Acer. The rest of the world is aware 8TB HDDs and 2TB SSDs exist.
genius...

If the cause and effect chain is too intricate for you to understand, please consider a remedial reading comprehension course at your local community college.

I'm talking about the comment above your one about storage. You -1'd it so I said you are a victim of this. Meaning I thought you bought one of these "gaming" computers and you were saying that I was wrong by disliking it. Don't be so rude

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I down-voted it because I disagreed, if you must know. This particular system isn't coming equipped with a top-tier CPU combined with an entry-level GPU as you described. Instead, it pairs the new Skylake i7-6700K with a GTX 980, making your GPU point rather irrelevant to the article itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.