Acer Monitor AL1619w

Cliffg

Reputable
Apr 20, 2014
My monitor goes black and flashes once or twice during start up. If I turn the monitor on and off I can see the desktop for 1 or 2 sec's before it goes black again. If I do this repeatedly it will suddenly get brighter and start working after about 3 or 4 min's. Can anyone suggest a course of action to determine if the problem is a Driver software or graphics card(ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro) or defective monitor ? Once the monitor starts working it works fine for hours until I turn it off. Any Suggestions ?

Solution
Definitely not a driver issue, so check that monitor signal & power cables are firmly connected at both ends.

If that's not the cause, you then need to try a different monitor, and if that doesn't have the same problem it's the Acer monitor that has an intermittent fault.

If both monitors have the same problem you've described, check that the graphics card is properly seated if it's not an integrated one.
Definitely not a driver issue, so check that monitor signal & power cables are firmly connected at both ends.

If that's not the cause, you then need to try a different monitor, and if that doesn't have the same problem it's the Acer monitor that has an intermittent fault.

If both monitors have the same problem you've described, check that the graphics card is properly seated if it's not an integrated one.

Solution