[SOLVED] 8GB RAM upgrade on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 laptop ?

ShangWang

Reputable
Mar 26, 2021
Hi all,
If I were to upgrade my 8GB RAM on my laptop by adding another 8GB to the 2nd slot, does it matter what manufacturer/type of ram it is? I know it has to be DDR4, but I'm ignorant to what else matters.

I think this is the exact same RAM I have for my laptop:
For Kingston 8GB DDR4 2666MHz 1Rx8 PC4-21300 ACR26D4S9S8ME-8 1.2V Laptop RAM New | eBay

However I found another RAM that is the same but slightly different?
Kingston 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL19 SODIMM 1Rx8: Amazon.ca: Computers & Tablets

What is the difference between these two ram sticks? Would both be compatible for my system? Are there different dimensions of RAM and how do you identify the dimensions?

Solution
If I were to upgrade my 8GB RAM on my laptop by adding another 8GB to the 2nd slot, does it matter what manufacturer/type of ram it is? I know it has to be DDR4, but I'm ignorant to what else matters.

It doesn't matter when it works.

But sometimes it doesn't.

Better buy two sticks with the same technical specs.

There are sticks with different brand names but same specs, you can see the specs of your current stick by using a small piece of software like CPU-Z.

W5dXmzT.png

It doesn't matter when it works.

But sometimes it doesn't.

Better buy two sticks with the same technical specs.

There are sticks with different brand names but same specs, you can see the specs of your current stick by using a small piece of software like CPU-Z.

W5dXmzT.png

Solution