[SOLVED] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 SATA BOOT - AHCI

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
When I did a clean installation of windows, I booted it up with ACHI.

Later on I did a repair install when I had an update error and believe I also booted it with ACHI.
However, when I went into UEFI settings and put everything to default, I noticed my computer would have a startup repair loop because the default settings enabled SATA boot to RST.

I'm not sure if I ever had RST as an option, but now I cannot. I only have 1TB HDD.
Did this happen because I did my clean installation with ACHI? Is this normal? Am I missing out on anything by not being able to have RST as a boot option? What about RAID?

Is my laptop missing out on any performance boost by being on AHCI?

Solution

Later on I did a repair install when I had an update error and believe I also booted it with ACHI.
However, when I went into UEFI settings and put everything to default, I noticed my computer would have a startup repair loop because the default settings enabled SATA boot to RST.

I'm not sure if I ever had RST as an option, but now I cannot. I only have 1TB HDD.
Did this happen because I did my clean installation with ACHI? Is this normal? Am I missing out on anything by not being able to have RST as a boot option? What about RAID?

In my limited testing there was no perf difference between...

In my limited testing there was no perf difference between ahci and raid.
Just set it to ahci and enjoy.

Reactions: ShangWang
Solution