[SOLVED] Acer Nitro 5 Laptop - Power Limit throttling issue (XTU)

May 6, 2020
So I'm new to using Intel XTU, just wanna why my power limit throttling indicates YES. Hope someone can answer this. Thanks :). (Cant show image due to error when uploading idk why.)
These are my laptop's specs:
Intel Core I5-8300H
GTX 1650 4GB
8GB RAM

PS: Also, is it safe to undervolt my cpu under this condition?

Solution
Sometimes power limit throttling happens when some component like vrm, pch, vram chips are overheating.
XTU only reports temperature throttling if its caused by cpu or gpu sensor.

It might also be limit for your laptop, nothing to worry about.

Undervolting is always safe, its literally safer than running your cpu on stock voltages. Worst case scenario you freeze and crash then intel xtu resets the undervolt and you have to do it again using less undervolt.
The value will stay same even if you restart or close intel xtu so its easy to manage, it only resets to default value if you crash.

Try -100mv first and see how it goes, thats nice default undervolt.
Sometimes power limit throttling happens when some component like vrm, pch, vram chips are overheating.
XTU only reports temperature throttling if its caused by cpu or gpu sensor.

It might also be limit for your laptop, nothing to worry about.

Undervolting is always safe, its literally safer than running your cpu on stock voltages. Worst case scenario you freeze and crash then intel xtu resets the undervolt and you have to do it again using less undervolt.
The value will stay same even if you restart or close intel xtu so its easy to manage, it only resets to default value if you crash.

Try -100mv first and see how it goes, thats nice default undervolt.

Solution