[SOLVED] Acer Nitro 5 RTX 3060 GPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
I was playing Genshin and decided to leave my room for about 5 minutes. After that time, I noticed that the game is running at only 5 FPS. I've checked task manager and noticed that my 3D process in my GPU is running at 100%. I went to my Nvidia overlay and found out that the core speed is running at only 210MHz, the memory speed is at 405MHz and it's only drawing 15-17 Watts (idle or when gaming). Whenever I reinstall my GPU driver, it will work perfectly fine, but after a restart or shutdown, the problem will once again appear.

I've tried to install new Nvidia drivers (latest and older versions), I've used DDU, tried using the "Preferred maximum performance" in Nvidia control panel, tried installing fresh Windows, but nothing fixed my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

System Information:
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57-723G
Intel i7 - 11800H
RTX 3060 Mobile
1x16 3200MHz RAM

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
First but unrelated, 1 stick of RAM is generally not advisable, get pairs.

Anyway my wife has the same Laptop but with the Ryzen CPU. It should have no problem with Genshin. I gave my brothers my old laptop with a 2060 and plays fine.

Are you plugged in or on battery?

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
First but unrelated, 1 stick of RAM is generally not advisable, get pairs.

Anyway my wife has the same Laptop but with the Ryzen CPU. It should have no problem with Genshin. I gave my brothers my old laptop with a 2060 and plays fine.

Are you plugged in or on battery?

All games are running on low FPS: CS:GO, Valorant, Ace Combat 7, Minecraft etc. And yes, I always plug my laptop whenever I'm gaming.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Sounds like it is either thermal throttleing severely or a case of Windows just being dumb.

Is your laptop hot? If not, and not being able to see it myself, you should just fresh reinstall.

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
UPDATE: I've contacted Acer Philippines Customer Support. They gave me instructions on how to reset the battery: It's basically pressing the power button until the laptop turns off and holding it for 15-20 seconds (I did it for 1:20 minutes) and let the it unplugged and turned off for 15-20 minutes. After that time, I plugged it back in, and it worked. My issue is now resolved thanks to Acer Philippines Customer Support.

CHOCO_with_NUTS

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
Question. What the hell was Acers logic in "resetting the battery" to fix a GPU issue. That's the oddest connected unconnected thing
I think it's related to the way the GPU acts when it's plugged in and when it's not. By resetting the battery I think that fixed the way the GPU is drawing its power.

Reactions: JeffreyTeoh
Status
Not open for further replies.