Question Acer Nitro - Qualcomm Atheros WiFi issue

radu191289

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
Hi!
Everyday I come home from work, start my laptop , start CSGO or Netflix and after ~10minutes it starts to have poor connection for ~1minute (Lags in CSGO) and the connection just drops.

If I try to reconnect to wifi it says "can't connect to this network"
I tried to create hotspots from 2 samsung and iphone, same issue.
If I turn it off for a while and start it up again it will work fine again for a while.
Tried to use the windows troubleshooter but it fails to find any issue and it just says that I am not connected to wifi and it brings up the wifi list.

The laptop is ACER Nitro 5 AN515-42-R8VD (AMD Ryzen7 2700U, Radeon™ RX 560X , replaced HDD with SSD and upgraded from 8gb ram to 24)
The WiFi adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A
Driver, updated today, is Wireless LAN_Atheros_12.0.0.295_W10x64_A
Widows 10 Pro, updated about 5 days ago, same day the wifi issue started. It worked fine for the past few months.

Googled around the web but could not find anything else but people who updated the driver and it worked or unsolved topics.

Also checked power saver settings for the Atheros in Device Manager and I unticked it just to make sure, even if I only use the laptop plugged to power.

Since this happens when I play CSGO or use Netflix, I am asking myself if this thing can overheat maybe? Just for test I will set all fans to max and play again to see if it's turning off after a few minutes like before.

radu191289

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2013
I can't disable the RX Videocard because i need it. Weird thing that this issue is triggered if I connect to a specific WiFi only and for a while it won't allow me to connect to any other network. If I am on a different WiFi I have no issues at all.
I have also called the provider and they advise that there is no way the issue is on their network, and I understand that it has no logic for them.