• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question ACER NITRO XZ272UPBMIIPHX or MSI OPTIX G27CQ4

yandog1

Reputable
Nov 2, 2016
I don't know which of these 2 monitors to get. I'm currently on a BenQ GW2470. Nothing special 1080p @60hz ( overclocked to 73hz ). Any of these will be a massive upgrade, they both have 1440p @165hz. I still can't make up my mind on which one to get. There aren't many ( if at all ) reviews on both of these ( there are some for the more expensive MAG272CQR, but it's out of my range ( 450EU ) ). There are practically no reviews on the Acer one. A quick look at the specs shows the Acer has 400nits of brightness while the Msi ( which is around 20EU more expensive ) only has 250 nits which seems quite dim/average. These are both VA panels so I'd imagine both have decent color accuracy. The MSI one has it's color space coverage listed ( 92% / 115% for DCI-P3 / SRGB respectively ) but I can't find anything for the Acer one ( they don't list it on the specs page, I don't even know if the display is true 8 bit or 6 bit+FRC). So I'm really torn between which one to get, the brighter one ( ACER ) or the one with possibly better colors ( Msi ) :(.

Edit: The acer apparently covers 95% of the SRGB color space, which isn't crazy :(

Is it better to have more brightness or better colors? :(

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS