Acer Predator 17 Gaming Laptop Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

4k notebooks that run games at ultra at high enough fps are quite rare and quite a lot more expensive.
If you want 4k for stuff that isn't gaming, then you should look elsewhere, as this one is not the best monitor available, and why would you pay for a gtx1070 if not gaming?

If you game at 1440 or 1080, then no point in getting a 4k monitor, as it will consume more power that will be wasted (ledd battery life).

So, please elaborate on your statement.

Papatom

Reputable
Jun 29, 2015
This one lost me on 17" FullHD panel.
Aside from that, I didn't see any redeeming feature of this product.

D

Deleted member 1353997

One is a desktop replacement gaming laptop, the others are convertible ultrabooks with pen support.
They serve completely different markets.

Might as well say "a Boeing 737 is better than a Cessna 400"...

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
The interesting thing to see here is that a standard 1070 doesn't quite cut it for solid 60fps even with G-Sync on Ultra. Still, not a bad laptop but needs about $300 off the price tag to be really competitive.

Edit: I also wanted to say thank you for a nice review but also ask if possible to maybe update the game review suite with some more recent games such as Battlefield 1, Resident Evil 7, Watchdogs or perhaps just slightly older like Doom, Witcher 3. Those first 3 games are often mentioned in threads by either people trying their first builds or looking for gaming laptops. I have a number of the older games, they're awesome and demanding, but it'd be nice to see how new tech matches with more recent games.

chenw

Honorable
I would see 1080p as a major plus, not a minus (I treat 4k panels on laptops as a minus, because even with an 1080 I would not run it at 4k, let alone a 1070).

But being only 75hz is a major minus, I would have expected a 120hz panel instead.

beaulieu80

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
With all the new hardware that use less power for cpu and GPU, this makes rethink of what I should buy for my next build. Tower or Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS