Question Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-52 No Boot, Blue Light for 3 Seconds

jools12345

Commendable
Apr 15, 2021
I have an ACER Helios which completely out of the blue stopped booting. When I plug in the charger the charge LED will be orange, eventually changing to blue if you charge it to full, but when I press the power button, I get the second LED light up blue for around 3 seconds, then turnoff. No boot, no display, no fans. I've tried the battery/CMOS reset hole on the bottom, as well as opening it up and trying it with no battery connected at all. No dice. Has anybody ever come across anything like this before?

Lutfij

Titan
Since you were able to disassemble the laptop, did you try removing the stick(s) of ram, then using an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on said stick(s) till they are cleaned(somewhat shiny)? The issue you've stated is often seen when a battery is unable to charge and is also incapable of outputting power to the platform but since you've stated that the issue persists without the battery would lead me to think that the circuitry on your laptop's motherboard might be compromised.

If you had a donor power brick for your laptop, you could've attempted to power the laptop without an internal battery and with said donor adapter/power brick to rule out your original power brick being faulty/failing. Please note, you will need the exact adapter to test the above mentioned tactic.

Reactions: jools12345

jools12345

Commendable
Apr 15, 2021
Sorry I should have mentioned that. I did do the RAM dance (1 and 2 sticks alternating slots) with no effect, I didn't clean the contacts though. With that said, I think it would be strange if all of the sticks had compromised connections, so it probably would have booted at some point through the RAM swapping if that was the issue. I just tried with an alternate brick now, no joy.