ali.khal1l3579

Prominent
Jul 30, 2018
Hey Everyone, so I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 2018
i7 8750H
GTX 1060
16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
265GB SSD
So, I was setting up a virtual machine in VirtualBox and I assigned 4 cores and the bar that's under the (forgot its name) cores to 100%
With 4GB of virtual memory, then everthing was going normal then the VM completely stopped responding and it won't even close via task manager, then I restarted the laptop normally but it took a while like 15 minutes, so I turned it off from the power button, and since then, it's stuck on the Predator logo and nothing loads except the bios I can go into bios. I took the ram out and put it back in and nothing happened, and I thought maybe it's windows, so I made a bootable USB drive of windows, and I tried but nothing happens, still stuck, so please help me out, I need the laptop in college, I study computer science. I need to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Solution
If replacing RAM did not help, could be a motherboard issue or maybe the drive. Or you made the USB drive wrong and that is why it does not boot off that. If it's still in warranty contact Acer support and make sure that USB drive works on another system to boot from.
If replacing RAM did not help, could be a motherboard issue or maybe the drive. Or you made the USB drive wrong and that is why it does not boot off that. If it's still in warranty contact Acer support and make sure that USB drive works on another system to boot from.

Solution
Pull the ssd out and see if it attempts to start up. It should at least give you errors. With only a 256gb drive in your system anyway, depending how full you had your SSD, your drive may have checked out.

The good thing is a 500gb SSD can be found around 50-60 dollars.