Review Acer Predator Triton 300 SE Review: More Powerful Than it Looks

14' with 180W brick ? oh god. I have 17' with such brick and it's a damn toaster.... as games will stress it 110% all the time, keyboard will be unpleasant for sure.
I have an ASUS Zephyrus G14. The TDP specs on the components are similar and it comes with a 180W brick, but it's able to keep under 80C for both CPU and GPU, the fans aren't running at 100% all the time, and the only area that really gets hot on the keyboard is in the middle towards the top where the components actually are.

The 180W capability seems overkill, it was likely thrown in to save on logistics.

EDIT: Quick google search says yeah, that's probably the case since the G15 which has beefier specs also uses the same 180W brick.

Zescion

Commendable
Oct 25, 2020
It would be nice to see a comparison with the Asus Zephyrus g14, as that is one of the main competitors given the similar price, weight and specs

I have an ASUS Zephyrus G14. The TDP specs on the components are similar and it comes with a 180W brick, but it's able to keep under 80C for both CPU and GPU, the fans aren't running at 100% all the time, and the only area that really gets hot on the keyboard is in the middle towards the top where the components actually are.

The 180W capability seems overkill, it was likely thrown in to save on logistics.

EDIT: Quick google search says yeah, that's probably the case since the G15 which has beefier specs also uses the same 180W brick.
G14 is high end unit and was asus flagship, so it received way more care, than this will.
You are right it CAN be done, if one want to, but cheaper designs (g14 was ~+20% on price) a lot of times comes from less copper for heat management.