Acer Predator X34, DP resulting in no signal?

Syluna

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
I recently purchased an Acer X34 for my own personal use. At first it worked okay, minor backlight bleed and and minimal IPS glow, in my opinion very acceptable. Out of the box I was capable of overclocking the monitor to 90hz instead of the advertised 100hz, but I expected something like this to happen and didn't feel the need to return the monitor just because of a loss of 10 frames.

About three weeks in, I started to notice a trend. When I would launch a game into fullscreen, the display would frequently stutter, flash, and I would have an abnormally low framerate, if otherwise - practically making some games unplayable. Keep in mind, I'm playing on a GTX 1080 with the latest drivers. There were two workarounds, either launch the game into windowed or flawless windowed mode, or reboot my entire system. But, this was just only the beginning of my problems.

When I was about to start a session of Black Desert, a game which I had found if I'd launched into windowed mode and then manually switched to fullscreen, it would perform perfectly. No stutters, flashing, or low FPS. However, the last time I tried to this method, the screen went blank and never returned an image. The monitor was still on. At this point, I realized my computer had crashed, forcing me to manually cut power to my power supply.

I am now at a point where I can only use HDMI to my monitor. I tried a new DP cable, no signal. I tried routing both cables I own through my motherboard, no signal. I even tried using my laptop, no signal.

I am lost at this point.

Syluna

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

Mhm. I'm certainly taking it back, but it doesn't hurt to get additional input before doing so.