News Acer Predator XB273U GS Hands-On: Strong IPS Colors Meet 1440p at 165 Hz

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
The RGB strips running along the bottom of the screen are a pleasant upgrade from the many RGB monitors that have their LED lighting on the back of the display, where your wall is most likely to be the one enjoying it.
That's actually the point of it! It's supposed to be ambient lighting for your room. Of course, that presumes you have a whitish wall somewhere near the back of your monitor.

At night, I always turn on a desk lamp that shines on the wall behind it. The effect is far more pleasant for the eyes than either using an overhead light or sitting in an otherwise dark room. So, that's the basic idea - except RGB lets you pick & vary the color of the light.

Feb 16, 2021
That's actually the point of it! It's supposed to be ambient lighting for your room. Of course, that presumes you have a whitish wall somewhere near the back of your monitor.

At night, I always turn on a desk lamp that shines on the wall behind it. The effect is far more pleasant for the eyes than either using an overhead light or sitting in an otherwise dark room. So, that's the basic idea - except RGB lets you pick & vary the color of the light.

i dont get acer for that tbh. out the entire xb3 line this one is the only one with the rgb. i am considering this monitor tbh but the rgb strip is a big reason to go for another monitor