Question acer predator144/180hz lines/dots

Jul 11, 2019
Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not seeing anything in the picture. If you could point out the problem that would be helpful.

Umm, is that a screen shot of a display problem? Screenshot is going to pull it down from memory, not what you actually see...

Some monitors have defects, but if they are more than a pixel or two, or more serious, you can usually warranty it and receive another monitor from the manufacturer.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If that is a screenshot then it is probably your GPU that is doing it. Not really sure what might be causing that. Try disabling all AA ingame and in the Nvidia control panel.

If that is a picture, and the problem doesn't occur on another monitor, yes you should probably seek an RMA on it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not that I am aware. Unless it is some new tracking thing.

Much older LCDs had center lines, but that was because it was in reality two displays side by side. Old CRTs had wires just behind the screen and were visible as two horizontal lines about. They held a grid that allowed for flat panel displays versus the older more curved tube displays.

If there was a problem with one of the lines going to a whole subset of sub-pixels that would maybe explain it, but certainly not standard.

Try out a dead pixel test:
https://jasonfarrell.com/misc/deadpixeltest.php

If those dots only appear under red/green/blue then you will have a least narrowed it down as to why they appear dimmer.

Jul 11, 2019
i just chat with one guy on amd forum (bellow our conversation) who had exactly the same problem as i do in APEX.

btw just run the test and everything looks fine - no dead pixels.

https://community.amd.com/thread/240542

"
as i mentioned i tested multiple gpus, monitors and cables, issues remains. And most people i play with have it with a few exceptions, i got an AOC g2460pf 144hz monitor and rx xfx 580 8 gpu. Another guy has a 1060 6 gb, another a vega 64. I personally gave up on the issue since i do believe its some weird programming thing were its clearly related to damage/blood overlay in games to stress you out for running around with low health. If u do find a solution id like to hear it :D!
"

also one guy said:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ainy-dots-on-screen-with-new-monitor.3107531/

"blieve you are talking about the sparkle effect of the matte anti glare coating. Which is normal unless you see white dots on a black screen. Almost all TN gaming panels are like that. However the recent Dell version of this same style monitor 24" 1440p S2417DG has a smoother coating with less grain to it. "

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Okay, you still haven't answered the question about that being a screen shot. If it is a screenshot then that is an entirely software based problem.

If the dead pixel test reveals nothing to you, you can try some gray backgrounds to see if you can see it when multiple colors are in use. But if you only see this in one particular game, then you can be assured it is the game doing it.