Acer Refreshes C7 Chromebook With Better Battery, More RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]typo in previous post i meant 1 year.
BTW if we could edit our post I could of corrected it
Although 12 years warranty would be nice!!!![/citation]
Go here and click edit/quick edit.
:p

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]the1kingbob[/nom]Little shocked that it doesn't have network port... Not a bad price for what ya get though...[/citation]Dump ChromeOS and install Ubuntu or Windows and you'd have a halfway useful machine. But if you spend a little bit more you can just get a real laptop with a faster CPU, better storage and connectivity, etc. I see these Chromebooks as more of a competitor to entry-level tablets.

[citation][nom]fuzzion[/nom]Something like this, 5 years ago, would have cost around $2,799.00.[/citation]

I have a Gateway laptop (came with Vista) from 2008 right in front of me with similar specs and it only cost about $500 new and another $80 for the 4GB RAM upgrade. Even if I was to try to match specs more ideally, I could have done so for about $700 to $800. For $2K to $3K, I could have instead gotten a nice Core 2 Quad laptop that is much better than this Chromebook IIRC, although I'd have to check to be sure if we had many mobile Core 2 Quad options in early to mid 2008. Even if not, decent Core 2 Duo options would have still been available and still been faster than this even if at the cost of much higher power consumption.

xero141

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]The problem is the 12 year warranty, you know that most of them won't last more than 2 years[/citation]

not really a problem IMO.. it's pretty common for people to trade up after a year anyways..

AG4IT

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
The Chromebook concept is an interesting one. Google has made good progress in getting people to accept the internet-only premise, but they still have work to do on that front. So sticking with a low-cost product line is the best way to go for now.

One obstacle to wider adoption of Chromebooks (especially in business) is the popularity of Windows applications, especially Microsoft Office. One way around this is with solutions like Ericom AccessNow, an HTML5 RDP client that enables Chromebook users to connect to Terminal Server or VDI virtual desktops, and run Windows applications (like MS Office) or even full desktops in a browser tab. So even if you purchase a Chromebook for casual home use, you can also use it to connect to your work applications if necessary.

Click here for more information:
http://www.ericom.com/RDPChromebook.asp?URL_ID=708

Please note that I work for Ericom

Status
Not open for further replies.