Acer Releases Color-Accurate 4K Graphics Pro Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a Monitor How-To 4 years ago;

"Delta E is a value that expresses the amount of error for a particular color; in this case, white. We believe three is the point where these errors are visible"

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/calibrate-your-monitor-theory,3615-8.html

Is delta 1 or delta 3 the smallest color difference the human eye can see / errors are visible?

I assume the smallest color difference the human eye can see and errors becoming visible mean the same thing?

BryanFRitt

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
"130% of the sRGB color gamut"
Trying to get credit for coloring outside the lines?

Measuring covered area this way, you can get 100%+ of a triangle's area, even without a single point inside the triangle.

If you count only what's inside of an area there's a maximum of 100%.
e.g. "Cover's 100% of the inside of the sRGB color gamut area."

Color "accuracy" is only part of the picture. Dynamic Contrast is fairly USELESS as a metric... the NATIVE contrast is more important, and if it's only 1000:1 it's just so-so.

I see no mention of HDR. For an expensive monitor I'd wish it to not only have good accuracy but also HDR and a NC of at least 3000:1 (which I doubt it has if it's IPS. You need VA, OLED, or QDot for that).

The sRGB color range is NOT the full range that the human eye can view. There are different standards such as AdobeRGB that are more useful for discussing high quality monitors.

So yes, a high quality monitor can display more than 100% of sRGB. (I don't quite follow everything you're trying to say though)

Status
Not open for further replies.