Acer restarting before booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnz

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
hi people, i bought this acer 5333 and i installed windows 8 preview on it,and one day i was repairing files and it took so long than expected to thought it have forzen ,so i forced it to restart and the moment i tried to switch it on again it start to restart just after displaying the acer log and says press f2 to enter setup and if i press f2 or any key its not responding so it automatically restarts and i have to remove the battery for it to stop restarting.anyone with help on how i can fix this,some have said press alt and f10 ,but non of the keys are working .

Solution
Could be a simple hardware problem, may be just the keyboard. Try a USB one.

But you said you bought it, does it mean it is a recent purchase and still under warranty? Return it to get repair if it is.

gunnz

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
hie WR2 ,its not passing the stage when it says press f2 to enetr setup while displaying the acer log,thats where its restarts and its not responding to any of the keys even the f2 which it says press when it displays the acer log, if it works i have no problem with the a clean re-install of Win8 Dev preview if its possible. ------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.