Acer Reveals Aspire R7 Convertible, Aspire P3 Ultrabook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carroll Ware

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Dang was hoping finally for a 17 inch screen laptop 15.6 looks like all ever any of the pc manufacturers are ever going to make. I guess then I will just have to settle for the 15.6 models then which lacks the performance of the 17 inch in my opinion.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
I wonder if the 24GB SSD is implemented as a cache drive or as a boot drive. While this does slightly intrigue me, I won't be purchasing another Windows 8 device until Kinect 2 / Leap motion devices have been released.
@Carroll Ware Acer has released a 21" laptop, Dell 20" and Toshiba 21.5"
Most manufacturers still make 17"-19" laptops, but I don't think any manufacturer will release an ultrabook larger than 15.6"

Tony 1k

Honorable
May 9, 2013
One other new hybrid tablet that launches in May is the Hummingbird PX103 by Aocos Electronics, with a "Transformer style" 10-inch device with a snap-on cover that reconfigures as a mini-laptop with keyboard... and makes an excellent choice for a mid-range device, with one of the first sites it's available through is TabletSprint -- and is priced at $239.
This is the third generation of this model and the PX103 is compact and well-designed and features one of the latest Quad Core processors (Rockchip RK3188 1.6 GHz / Mali-400MP4 GPU/2GB DDR3) with 16GB Memory, along with an HD 1280x800 IPS screen, Bluetooth (works with built-in keyboard), a front Webcam and 5 MegaPixel rear camera, HDMI 1080p output, a 7000 mAh battery, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, and Google Play store preinstalled; and it ultra-thin design offers a 9.6mm profile and weight-wise comes in at 1.4 pounds...
A 3G - HSPA+ edition of the Hummingbird with Voice calling and Data Internet is expected in June with service through any GSM Carrier, including AT&T and T-Mobile -- the site TabletSprint also offers a promotion with Bonus Apps, which for gamers include the popular 3D game Shadowgun, as well as an Office Suite with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Tony 1k

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Another new worthy mid-range hybrid launching this month is the Hummingbird PX103 -- a "Transformer style" 10-inch device that's an excellent choice for a mid-range tablet and features a hard cover with reversable built in keyboard, a Rockchip Quad Core processor and an HD 1280x800 IPS screen; as well as Bluetooth, HDMI, Dual Cameras, a 7000 mAh battery, Android 4.2.2 and Google Play... it's ultra-thin with a 9.6mm profile and weighs only 1.4 pounds... priced at $239 with more details at a site called TabletSprint--

Tony 1k

Honorable
May 9, 2013
One other new hybrid tablet that launches in May is the Hummingbird PX103 by Aocos Electronics, with a "Transformer style" 10-inch device with a snap-on cover that reconfigures as a mini-laptop with keyboard... and makes an excellent choice for a mid-range device, with one of the first sites it's available through is TabletSprint -- and is priced at $239.
This is the third generation of this model and the PX103 is compact and well-designed and features one of the latest Quad Core processors (Rockchip RK3188 1.6 GHz / Mali-400MP4 GPU/2GB DDR3) with 16GB Memory, along with an HD 1280x800 IPS screen, Bluetooth (works with built-in keyboard), a front Webcam and 5 MegaPixel rear camera, HDMI 1080p output, a 7000 mAh battery, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, and Google Play store preinstalled; and it ultra-thin design offers a 9.6mm profile and weight-wise comes in at 1.4 pounds...
A 3G - HSPA+ edition of the Hummingbird with Voice calling and Data Internet is expected in June with service through any GSM Carrier, including AT&T and T-Mobile -- the site TabletSprint also offers a promotion with Bonus Apps, which for gamers include the popular 3D game Shadowgun, as well as an Office Suite with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.