Acer Swift 3 Vs ASUS VivoBook S15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2018
So basically I'm looking to upgrade from my Toshiba satellite c55-c5421 because it's starting to feel really slow and it's no longer fun to use, and from all the laptops that I've seen so far I was left with the Acer Swift 3 and the ASUS VivoBook S15, both with an Intel Core i7 8550U and an NVIDIA MX150, both with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD (the ASUS comes with 256GB SSD plus 1TB HDD) I'll put the links from both laptops at the end in case that you want to see them yourself. I am a college student a laptop that can handle everyday tasks and casual gaming (not like GTA V but casual games like LOL or Overwatch) I would like to know which one would you pick and why.

Both of these come also with a Core i5 8250U that is around 220$ cheaper I would like to know if the 8th gen i7 is really worth 220 more than the i5, I would like the laptop to last the most time possible without getting too outdated. thanks.

Acer Swift 3 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0746P25QX/ref=twister_B07692CT9S?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

ASUS VivoBook S15 https://www.amazon.com/VivoBook-Laptop-i7-8550U-GeForce-Windows/dp/B0786TPWBP?th=1

Solution
I'd go for the Acer because:

1. It comes with an IPS panel, which is going to make it more useful for a college student (moving between lecture halls and socializing in cafés/dorms).

2. The 8th-gen i5 will easily play the games you've mentioned and see you through college, and upon graduation your financial situation will hopefully have improved to the point where you can splash out on a better CPU - or a dedicated gaming rig.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

GreyCatz

Distinguished
I'd go for the Acer because:

1. It comes with an IPS panel, which is going to make it more useful for a college student (moving between lecture halls and socializing in cafés/dorms).

2. The 8th-gen i5 will easily play the games you've mentioned and see you through college, and upon graduation your financial situation will hopefully have improved to the point where you can splash out on a better CPU - or a dedicated gaming rig.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.