News Acer Testing Distinctive GeForce RTX 4090 With Integrated Liquid Cooler

MarkRT

Prominent
Nov 3, 2022
Are you sure about this ? ACER has not made any custom discrete AMD GPU till now. They have only been Intel's ARC partner.
In the GN video description, you can read "Acer also has AMD cards on the way and just launched an RX 7600". I can't see any other links to, or mention of, this card yet, though. Hope it's another kooky design!

I can't see any other links to, or mention of, this card yet, though. Hope it's another kooky design!

Yes, there is no mention of this on ACER's official website as well. And NO other news outlet has confirmed that ACER has partnered with AMD. Maybe this will materialize and made public after some time, but after scouring the internet, there is no such info of acer making custom GPUs for AMD, at least for now.

It has been a long time since I did thermodynamics but with basically no distance does the liquid make any difference?
I don't think it's about distance, but it might as well be. I think it's about specific heat capacity of water + its velocity in loop and energy [heat] exchange ratio. Imagine water in loop being a faster heatpipe with higher specific heat capacity than whatever liquid is in heatpipes + there's higher amount.

In theory, it should work, but Asus somehow botched it up. Maybe Acer will succeed, but I'm not sure about.

Overall, when You slap a random 240mm Asetek kit [cheap pump + cheap aluminum rad] AiO to any modern VGA, even with fullbody block, You'll get a superior cooling capacity for whole PCB [GPU, RAM, VRM/MOSFET, etc.]