[SOLVED] Acer Veriton sudden shutdown and continious beep after starting it again

• Thread starter Deleted member 2781637
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2781637

I have a acer veriton i5 2400 8gb ram pc with a gtx 1050ti and 2 400gb hard drives (i think the green type).

I bought it 2 years ago and never had a problem until this last month i started it like usual and after sometime the pc turned off suddenly and started a long continuous beep and it wont turn on, but i turned it off for 15 min later it worked normaly and played video games on it for 20 days or so.

Today i was playing a video game and it suddenly shut down mid game and started to beep like the first time so i left it for around 15 min and i started it again launched the the game and again after sometime less than 20 min pc shut's down again and starts a long beep that won't stop unless i turn it off for a 15 or 10 mins, then the pc works again. Now i am scared to launch the game again what's the problem ? and is there any fix ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
They have about 20 different models of the acer veriton, Look for the model number on it or open it up and get the model off the motherboard. You may need to open it up and blow all the dust out including the PSU , it could be overheating making it shutdown.
D

Deleted member 2781637

Which form factor of the Veriton prebuilt Acer do you own? It sounds(reads) to me like the PSU is failing or asking to be replaced. We can say for sure after we learn of the specs to the prebuilt.
thank you for your reply , i am not sure what you mean i don't have enough knowledge in this but the pc didn't have any gpu when bought the problem didn't happen since yesterday it occurs randomly which means it might be related to power as you said , how do i know form factor?

lynx1021

Distinguished
They have about 20 different models of the acer veriton, Look for the model number on it or open it up and get the model off the motherboard. You may need to open it up and blow all the dust out including the PSU , it could be overheating making it shutdown.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.