[SOLVED] Acer VG240Y stuck at 60Hz

Aug 1, 2021
This monitor used to run at 144Hz all day until one day it decided 60Hz is its top capability. Nvidia control panel is set to 144, advanced display settings states 144.001Hz, and display adapter settings state 144Hz as well. I am kind of at a loss on this issue. I tried reinstalling drivers, resetting the monitor, double checking refresh rates on the monitor's settings to no avail. Spaces as follows: MSI GTX 970, R7 3700X, Windows 10 Home 19043.1110. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your specs are incomplete. Motherboard's make and model? BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers before manually reinstalling them with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site? When manually reinstalling drivers, install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How are you tethered to the display from the GPU?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your specs are incomplete. Motherboard's make and model? BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers before manually reinstalling them with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site? When manually reinstalling drivers, install them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

How are you tethered to the display from the GPU?

Solution