So I'm going to be looking for a new monitor and for the price I'm looking at the Samsung CHG70 and Acer ED323QUR. Anyone have experience with either of these or recommend something similar in the same price point 300-600 USD (lesser being better).

I just want a solid 1440 preferable curved (not necessary but I like the look of a curved screen) monitor with Nvidia compatible Freesync (or G-Sync), good response time and good color accuracy. I will use it for gaming and basic computer use.

27" 1440p would be more pixel dense, yes. Also, text on your desktop will be smaller, so you may have to correct with Windows' scaling.
For gaming, 32" will occupy more of your field of view, so it may be more immersive.
Don't concern yourself with the density stuff, as long as it's about as dense as a 24" 1080p screen. (I don't recommend 27"+ @ 1080p).

I tried 32" out and it was a bit too large for my preference at my viewing distance (can touch the monitor with my fingers while sitting in chair) so I bought a 27". Also, my C27HG70 was still $440 and the 32" model was something like $520, soo...

27" 1440p would be more pixel dense, yes. Also, text on your desktop will be smaller, so you may have to correct with Windows' scaling.
For gaming, 32" will occupy more of your field of view, so it may be more immersive.
Don't concern yourself with the density stuff, as long as it's about as dense as a 24" 1080p screen. (I don't recommend 27"+ @ 1080p).

I tried 32" out and it was a bit too large for my preference at my viewing distance (can touch the monitor with my fingers while sitting in chair) so I bought a 27". Also, my C27HG70 was still $440 and the 32" model was something like $520, soo...

Yeah I'm still a little torn. I can get a 27inch curved Viotek monitor (GN27DB) but it may not be fully gsync supported as I've read some issues about flickering. On the other hand microcenter has the LG 32GK650F for 299 and I've heard nothing but good things about this monitor including its gsync compatibility but I also sit fairly close and I feel like 32 is just too large.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS