Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire and am running Vista Home Premium. After 4 repeated blue screens my PC won't load windows. The message is: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware/software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
1. Insert Windows installation disc and restasrt your PC.
2. Chhose your language then "Next".
3. Click "Repair your PC".
But after that is the following:
Windows\System 2\Drivers\micevo.sys
status 0xc0000225.
Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt.

Where do I find the "mice.vo.sys" driver and when Windows does load will I lose all my 200GB of files?
Desperately seeking help!!!!

TroubleShooter

mibix19

Distinguished
Have you tried pressing F8 to get into safe mode, or starting your pc with the windows disc in and going to safe mode with command prompt. From the command prompt type sfc /scannow Leave a space after the c .This will check your system files and replace missing or corrupt files. you wont lose your files / data doing this

G

I will try that out and see what happens. Newbie here on the inne-inner workings of a PC.

Thanks Gandalf

G

I haven't tried anything yet. Scared to, newbie here on the inner-inner workings of a PC. My friend who owns a PC repair shop will know how to do that. I don't have a windows disc but he does. I will send this message to him and let him try that.

thanks loads mibix19

MikeD1180

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I don't have a windows disc
Acer eRecovery Discs can be created by using the Acer eRecovery program. Please follow the steps:

Click Start and then All Programs
Click Acer and then Acer eRecovery Management
You may be prompted to enter or create a password. This password will be required to use eRecovery in the future.
In the next window, select Backup.
Insert a blank CD or DVD into the external CD or DVD writer.
Click on Create Factory Default Disc and then click Start.

You can burn a recover CD and/or you can just retore without one with this!!! Acer comes with this option with is good!! Hope this helps some!!

jock1967

Reputable
Jun 8, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.