Acer x34 Predator

kaw8787

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
So about a month ago i picked up an x34. Everything has been spectacular so far. Even wall mounted it a few days ago, even better. The only small problem is, it says it will go to 100hz, i can only get it to max out at 95hz. If i try to get it to 100hz the screen goes black, and i have to wait until it reverts back to its previous settings. Anyone else have this monitor and this issue?

larsv8

Distinguished
From what I understand it is a bit random what you can get your overclock up too, and when it goes black it is because it is trying to push it past 95 but the hardware can't handle it, similar to graphics cards. Same graphics cards handle different amounts of overclock. You could return it and try another monitor, but honestly not sure you would notice the difference between 95 and 100 anyway.

the problem is that this 100Hz are not officially supported by the HDMI and DP versions present on the monitor.
there are also no official cables that support it.
you can try another cable and it might work
though honestly, you wouldn't notice the difference.

P.S.
that's why i'm waiting for the 3440x1440 monitors with native 144Hz support

kaw8787

Reputable
Jan 28, 2016
I was going to say, my older asus rog 27inch monitor went to 144hz and it never gave me shit about the 144. My set up is more than capable of running it. Oh well.