Acer XB270HU flashes the screen when higher than 60Hz (Displayport)

biolizade

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Hey, I just got a new setup with a 1080Ti and an Acer XB270HU. Connected via Displayport.

When I try to change my refresh rate to 144hz the monitor just goes dark for 2s, then flashes my screen for 0.5s, and repeat.

Nvidia drivers are up to date, it's a brand new system.

Same thing happens whether I set it in Nvidia Control Panel or under Display Settings in Windows.

I have the options of going higher than 60Hz, but selecting and applying them causes this issue.

biolizade

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Reading around it could be the cable? I purchased the cheapest displayport cable on amazon thinking it didn't matter.

Edit: Looking at Amazon reviews I found this one

"My problem with most of the DP cables on the market is that they don't work to the full Display Port 1.2 standard and at 2560x1440 resolution at 144 Hz refresh rate my monitor would constantly blink.

This cable solved my problems. It works just as it's supposed to, I can confirm that it works for 2560x1440 at 144Hz. I am very satisfied with the product and would definitely recommend it to others."

I'll purchase this cable and update the post with a link if it works

biolizade

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015

Got the Monitor on ebay as the XB271HU went up on amazon by £100 just as I was about to buy. The seller didn't sent the DP cable with it.

Seems its the cable yeah, thanks a lot for the reply!