Question Acer XB271HU - washed colors

unknownuser

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Hello,

I just got an Acer XB271HU. The issue is that whatever settings, color profiles, etc i try the colors are washed out and the black always has a whitish haze over it. Even when there's no signal input the panel has that whitish haze compared to another monitor (IPS), an Acer SA250Y. On the SA240Y the blacks are more darker with out of the box settings. I've been reading about this and the main difference is one is AHVA IPS and the other plain IPS and while AHVA is faster it looses color and contrast but to this degree ?
Is it a general issue with these garbage tier AHVA IPS panels from AU Optronics that are used on most 144 Hz displays or did i get a dud ? It does also have backlight bleed in all 4 corners plus on the edge in the top left. Not that bad but it exist and it feels a bit bad to have a 600$ monitor (750$ cost me, as it's more expensive here) look worse than a 150$ one.

So should i keep it or send for a new one / get my money back ?

Thank you.

slhgjl.jpg

35a954n.jpg

zbrr4.jpg

unknownuser

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
It is on "Full" already. Thank you for the suggestions. I've tried with different color profiles but haven't seen a change.
After fiddling with color settings in NVidia control panel and setting brightness to 45 and contrast to 60 while the monitor is on 30 brightness and 40 contrast, now the colors are a lot closer to the ones on the IPS, no longer so washed and the blacks are richer. I did introduce a bit of color banding by doing this but it's minimal.

Reactions: fluidz