Acer XF240H "No Signal" Error

AmtrakHan6903

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
So this morning, after cleaning out my PC (especially the cooler) of dust and reassembling it, when I powered it on, there was no signal going to my Acer XF240H monitor. All morning, I was trying to fix the error repeatedly using the method where you unplug, wait, then replug the monitor, replacing the CMOS lithium ion battery (only once), and unplugging and replugging both the monitor and the PC (and I had to force shut down my PC many times) all of which were to no avail.. I even tried using an HDMI cable but also to no avail. Can you give me the best step-by-step guide to repairing this issue? Thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K
RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR4 3200MHz
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SSC
MB: ASUS Z170-A
HDD: Seagate ST3000DM01 (no SSD)
PSU: Corsair CX850M

Solution
I wouldn't worry about the keyboard, but what your describing maybe possible psu or motherboard issue, but I would check monitor is working and gpu first before jumping to conclusions and testing ram with ram slots.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
No signal, so in this case, after what you tried, I would try getting another monitor and make sure monitor is working and then I would rule out gpu by either getting another gpu to test or changing the hdmi to plug into the on board motherboard graphics rather than it plugged into the gpu. Come back when you have done these tasks.

Nerdy Nerd

Reputable
Mar 19, 2016
I wouldn't worry about the keyboard, but what your describing maybe possible psu or motherboard issue, but I would check monitor is working and gpu first before jumping to conclusions and testing ram with ram slots.

Solution

AmtrakHan6903

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
By the way, the PC was working well with the monitor before I cleaned out the cooler. I think the base of this situation is me taking out the RAM in the process as well.