Acer's AC700 Chromebook Shipping This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 3G model... he, he, that will burn through your monthly data allowance in about 1 hour. Good luck with that!
The Chrome OS idea is good, but just way ahead of the times... It needs internet access so redundant, it's virtually free. Until then, not gonna happen.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I think the 3G streaming is more for business and people that rely on their chromebooks to access their email, calendar schedule and documents. Lightweight things compared to youtube videos.
I am a student and I would gladly pay for one of those and use the 3G whenever I need to do some work outside a wi-fi hotspot.

notuptome2004

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
toBlurr91 umm i havea CR-48 chromebook that google sent out and it will as some have done got windows 7 Pro running on it with full Aero as the GPU inside is a intel DX 10 based GPU also the Acer has a dual core HT enabled CPU so yes it will run windows 7 any version once someone figured out how to get it on there

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Not with the Atom crap please, minimum a AMD Fusion Ontario or maybe the new Fusion Z series, same power as Ontario with half the power consumption.

Dual core 1Ghz C-50 + HD6250 5.9w Fusion Z / Ontario 9w (same specs)

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

Why Fusion? It's a waste of GPU, consider that Chrome is more of a web browser than a full fledged OS. I doubt that Flash 10 requires such graphics horsepower.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]daship[/nom]Note to Acer, Netbooks are dead. People want the touchy feely tablets.Epic Fail!!![/citation]
Note to commenter, tablets are a fad. People want computers they can actually do stuff with, not oversized smartphones that can't make calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.