Acer's First 3D Laptop Now Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Why? How many people routinely watch movies on their 15" laptop? It's not even a 1080p display. The only time I actually sit and watch a movie on my laptop is at the airport, on the plane, or a similar circumstance and I'm not about to throw on some ridiculous looking 3D goggles to look like an idiot for my 4 hour flight. Maybe it's just me but I can't see the demand for this. I'd love to have a legitimate 3D television but I see no reason for a 3D 720p laptop display.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I'll give it a look over in Best Buy or Fry's. The rest of the hardware is pretty solid for $780. If you can turn the 3d mode off with a Fn key it'd be worth it (does it?). I'm still holding out for USB 3...

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Until more software and content is available for the home 3D market, this laptop will continue to be a novelty. Honestly, I'd think a larger 3D monitor for desktops would be more successful.

G

Polarized 3D glasses need not be goofy or ridiculous looking - They can be made as stylish as designer sunglasses. - I would buy this computer if it were smaller - I'd like a 12 inch or 14 inch screen, for viewing photos and videos taken with Fuji's new W1 3D digital camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.