Acer's New 120Hz LCD Ready for Nvidia 3D Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]Acer's GD235HZ LCD offers a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 and an aspect ratio of 16:9.[/citation]

That's just slightly redundant, don't you think? I don't know about you, but to me it seems logical that a 16:9 resolution (proof: 1920/16*9=1080) would NOT be used in a screen with a 4:3 form factor.

krolo

Distinguished
May 18, 2007
c'mon make a bigger screen!! I'm not going to upgrade my 22' wide screen for just another 1.5 inches and 120hz, maybe a 27-30monitor and I'll drop the cash right now

G

Sounds good, but I'd advise waiting a bit for newer/larger screens.
I actually bought the nVidia kit with the samsung monitor (22" 1680x1050). Monitor is great with or without 3d enabled. 3d effects are pretty good, but you need to rest your eyes every 30mins or so. But downside is performance hit and loss of detail, which can be quite marked depending on the game. Still the depth of 3d is probably worth the reduced visual quality.
But tbh nowadays I rarely play games in 3d. on the plus side the samsung is a decent gaming monitor.
Maybe as someone mentioned, it would be better to wait for a larger screen to make the deal more worthwhile.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Since when is looking at a stationary view in 3d anything other than a novelty? dont get me wrong.. i have used these glasses before.. and while its cool for a bit.. prolonged viewing.. is not very pleasant.
If i have to where any peripheral on my head..I would rather have a true virtual 3d experience with head tracking and all the bells and whistles.

intelliclint

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2006
I have been using the red/blue sterioscopic images on my 60hz 22" LCD and it does work, but it can mess with game play as the cross hair gets moved and colors get a little changed. L4D, L4D2, Mass Effect 2 are what I have tried so far.
The shutter glasses are more likely to give you a headache as it alternates from one eye to the other and your eyes are designed to work in a pair for focus. Plus you need a 120hz LCD or a 100hz CRT that supports the settings as well as the expensive glasses.
It would be nice to see a method like the current run of 3d movies are using based off light polarization.

lzpreslav

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]still a crappy TN panel. I'm still waiting for a 120hz IPS or PVA. [/citation]
well yeah, maybe, but I don't think anyone who wants 3D Vision would get a S-IPS display, they look cool but their response is sloooow

Status
Not open for further replies.