Achieva Shimian 27in lite to a Mac mini HELP!!

ryanolson41

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
So I recently purchased a shimian display that has a dvi-dual link on the back panel and I have been trying to get it to work with my mac mini which is also new too. The configuration that is hooking it up now is a hdmi to dual dvi cable. I can't get it to work?

For some odd reason it did work once though, with the same hook up, but once I shut down the mac mini it did not pop up again? Please help. Im considering sending it back. which will be a costly endeavor. Especially when the monitor is such a nice monitor for the price.

gingerbenn

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
I'm considering same setup as yourself, have you got any other computer to connect the Achieva to?
What make of hdmi to dual dvi cable are you using? I've read the cheap cables don't work at all.

You could even try and connect via vga if you have a basic PC tower, just to see if the achieva works. Also have you got another screen to connect you mac mini up to just to boot back up and check display settings?

ryanolson41

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
Hey I actually know after a lot of research on plugs is that you will need a plug like this because you cannot use a single phase dvi cable because of the high resolution. I recommend getting this plug, plus it's 20 dollars cheaper then the one by apple. As far as the screen goes, I got mine off amazon and it is nearly flawless. I have glasses the entire screen inch to inch and you cannot beat it for the money. Yeah I had to by a 80 dollar plug to run it, but I now have a mini display port I can use for presentations if need be or for multiple displays(later on if I decide to game). http://www.amazon.co/gp/aw/d/B004C4SEH6/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

gingerbenn

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
read this page it gives you details of the Active converter you need: http://wesbos.com/korean-27-monitor-macbook-pro/