HELP! Okay you know when you put a password on your account? well i
accidently made my folders private when they asked me and I didnt want to.
and now i dont know how to get it off. please help ive tried everything and
i dont know how to make it unprivate. I even tried taken the password off but
its still private. help

"xxLindsay" <xxLindsay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP! Okay you know when you put a password on your account? well i
> accidently made my folders private when they asked me and I didnt want to.
> and now i dont know how to get it off. please help ive tried everything
> and
> i dont know how to make it unprivate. I even tried taken the password off
> but
> its still private. help

Right-click on the folder, select Properties and uncheck "Make Private'. The
folder I believe you are looking for is My Documents. My Documents would be
located here, c:\documents and settings\<your_user_name>\my documents.

--
William

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "xxLindsay" <xxLindsay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HELP! Okay you know when you put a password on your account? well i
>> > accidently made my folders private when they asked me and I didnt want
>> > to.
>> > and now i dont know how to get it off. please help ive tried
>> > everything
>> > and
>> > i dont know how to make it unprivate. I even tried taken the password
>> > off
>> > but
>> > its still private. help
>>

>> Right-click on the folder, select Properties and uncheck "Make Private'.
>> The
>> folder I believe you are looking for is My Documents. My Documents would
>> be
>> located here, c:\documents and settings\<your_user_name>\my documents.
>>
>> --
>> William
>>

>well see theres one problem... it wont let me uncheck it for some reason.
>like when i go to uncheck "make private" its faded so it doesnt let me
>click it.

You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307286

--
William

> "WTC" wrote:
>
>> "xxLindsay" <xxLindsay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> >well see theres one problem... it wont let me uncheck it for some
>> >reason.
>> >like when i go to uncheck "make private" its faded so it doesnt let me
>> >click it.
>>
>> You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307286
>>
>> --
>> William
>>

>> okay I will try that and see if it works. thank you william. if I need
>> more help will you still help me afterwards?

Yes I will still help you if I can and you're welcome.

--
William

How to undo "Make this folder private" option ?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/undoprivate.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org