• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

ACPI BIOS ERROR after BIOS update

JUSOCOM

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
I got BSOD show up every time when my PC boot up saying "ACPI BIOS ERROR", It happen after BIOS update and I don't know what to do now.

M/B ASUS B350M-A
BIOSv. 3803
OS Windows 10 Pro

update your motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website.

you could have something like a custom power driver or overclock driver that is accessing the bios but is mis matched. (some drivers have to match your bios version)
ACPI =Advanced Configuration and Power Interface

JUSOCOM

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

I checking the ASUS website for my motherboard driver but I failed to spot any driver as such, can you help me please?

There are only multiple BIOS version for download but I couldn't find any driver that relate to my problem : (

put the minidump file from c:\windows\minidump directory onto a cloud server, share the files as public and post a link

JUSOCOM

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014

Sorry but I can't, after updated, I no longer be able to get into Windows I just got BSOD at the logo screen, even I try booting from bootable USB I still got the same BSOD

I still can interact with my BIOS but I got no luck installing any OS on my PC.

BTW I suspect that there can be some bug in the new BIOS microcode that mess with ACPI but I'm not so sure.