Question ACPI BSOD while installing Windows XP on Toshiba Tecra A4

Nov 23, 2021
Greetings everyone,some time ago i bought this old (2004) toshiba laptop and tried installing windows xp on it. Everything was fine during the initial setup(where it formats the hard drive etc),until the system restarted and greeted me with the following blue screen:

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit http://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - It will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

Technical information:

www STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
After this i went to the official dynabook support website, and downloaded the latest bios update, compatible with the laptop (ACPI bios 1.70)
The install went smoothly, and the bios was referring to itself as, well"ACPI BIOS 1.70". However, this didn't help at all and the problem persisted. Disabling acpi during the initial windows setup as said by the bsod via F7 freezes the setup. I know this is a 17 year old laptop,practically useless nowadays, but i really want to get it to run windows xp again,any help will be gladly appreciated!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS