ACPI Error

Hello,

We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and noticed
a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day of
use, we use the same machine 2 days later.

At this point it has came up with a screen saying.

- THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT

I have checked the following:

Safe Mode - Works!
BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
Have not run a memtest on it yet!

I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
including the microsoft site.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

ACPI gets its drivers/software when you install xp,or another windows os.
Youve probably just lost data when you uninstalled SP2,try reinstalling.

"Jordan Samulaitis" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and noticed
> a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day of
> use, we use the same machine 2 days later.
>
> At this point it has came up with a screen saying.
>
> - THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT
>
> I have checked the following:
>
> Safe Mode - Works!
> BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
> Have not run a memtest on it yet!
>
> I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
> including the microsoft site.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jordan

peter

Hi,

After you have removed SP2, try use the restore feature to rollback the OS
to the date prior to installing SP2.

Hope it helps.

Peter

"Jordan Samulaitis" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and noticed
> a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day of
> use, we use the same machine 2 days later.
>
> At this point it has came up with a screen saying.
>
> - THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT
>
> I have checked the following:
>
> Safe Mode - Works!
> BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
> Have not run a memtest on it yet!
>
> I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
> including the microsoft site.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jordan

This is my last option!

Regards,
Jordan

> ACPI gets its drivers/software when you install xp,or another windows os.
> Youve probably just lost data when you uninstalled SP2,try reinstalling.
>
> "Jordan Samulaitis" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and
noticed
> > a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day of
> > use, we use the same machine 2 days later.
> >
> > At this point it has came up with a screen saying.
> >
> > - THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT
> >
> > I have checked the following:
> >
> > Safe Mode - Works!
> > BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
> > Have not run a memtest on it yet!
> >
> > I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
> > including the microsoft site.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jordan

Peter,

I will try that after I update the bios.

Regards,
Jordan

> Hi,
>
> After you have removed SP2, try use the restore feature to rollback the OS
> to the date prior to installing SP2.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Peter
>

> "Jordan Samulaitis" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and
noticed
> > a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day of
> > use, we use the same machine 2 days later.
> >
> > At this point it has came up with a screen saying.
> >
> > - THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT
> >
> > I have checked the following:
> >
> > Safe Mode - Works!
> > BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
> > Have not run a memtest on it yet!
> >
> > I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
> > including the microsoft site.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jordan

Peter,

Yeah it still didnt work... ARGH!

Regards,
Jordan

> Hi,
>
> After you have removed SP2, try use the restore feature to rollback the OS
> to the date prior to installing SP2.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Peter
>

> "Jordan Samulaitis" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and
noticed
> > a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day of
> > use, we use the same machine 2 days later.
> >
> > At this point it has came up with a screen saying.
> >
> > - THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT
> >
> > I have checked the following:
> >
> > Safe Mode - Works!
> > BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
> > Have not run a memtest on it yet!
> >
> > I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
> > including the microsoft site.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Jordan

Uninstall SP2, do not use system restore.

r.

"Jordan Samulaitis" <jordan@jvsDELETEnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Peter,
>
> Yeah it still didnt work... ARGH!
>
> Regards,
> Jordan
>
> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> After you have removed SP2, try use the restore feature to rollback the
>> OS
>> to the date prior to installing SP2.
>>
>> Hope it helps.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>> "Jordan Samulaitis" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > We downloaded service pack 2 on this one IBM Thinkpad notebook, and
> noticed
>> > a performance problem. So we uninstalled SP2, after a reboot and day
>> > of
>> > use, we use the same machine 2 days later.
>> >
>> > At this point it has came up with a screen saying.
>> >
>> > - THE BIOS IS NOT FULLY ACPI COMPLIANT
>> >
>> > I have checked the following:
>> >
>> > Safe Mode - Works!
>> > BIOS - No enable/disable of ACPI
>> > Have not run a memtest on it yet!
>> >
>> > I have looked all over the net for a resolution and have not found one,
>> > including the microsoft site.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Jordan

I did uninstall SP2, and I then came across this ACPI error after a few
reboots.

Regards,
Jordan

"namniar" <this@that> wrote in message
> Uninstall SP2, do not use system restore.
>
> r.
>
> "Jordan Samulaitis" <jordan@jvsDELETEnetworks.com> wrote in message
> > Peter,
> >
> > Yeah it still didnt work... ARGH!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jordan
> >
> > "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> After you have removed SP2, try use the restore feature to rollback the
> >> OS
> >> to the date prior to installing SP2.
> >>
> >> Hope it helps.
> >>
> >> Peter

> > noticed

peter

Hi,

If you have XP CD on hand, I would suggest you to perform a repair
installation of XP. Backup your important data files first.

Peter