[SOLVED] Acrer Laptop not turning on without battery

shijilt

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
The laptop model is "Acer E5-572G Notebook (UN.MV2SI.001)".

It is an old laptop with a 4th Gen i5 processor.
I want to modify it and use as a small desktop with some added features.
But the laptop battery is dead and it is not turning on without the battery.
I dont have the old battery either.

Already ordered new battery but due to the Corona Lockdown, courier services are paused.
I can wait for the new battery to arrive, but it will be a waste of time.
I have already tested the adapter, it provides the rated power.
Why is the laptop not turning on without the battery ?
Is there any way to trick the laptop by using a resistor and shorting two battery connector points ?

If I connect the adapter and try to turn on the battery, the fan works, the power led turns and and there will be no display. After 15-20 seconds, the led will turn of for 2 sends and will turn on again.

Motherboard model : Z5WAW LA-B7029
Rev: 1.0
Manufactured in 2014

Battery model: AL14A32

Solution
Usually there are circuits in the machine that, on startup, test whether the battery is suficiently charged to do the startup. I don't know this machine specifically but it sounds like it is running the startup and then shutting down because the nonexistant battery is failing the test. You might look in the BIOS, if you can get into it, and see if there is an option to run it from power supply rather than the battery.
Usually there are circuits in the machine that, on startup, test whether the battery is suficiently charged to do the startup. I don't know this machine specifically but it sounds like it is running the startup and then shutting down because the nonexistant battery is failing the test. You might look in the BIOS, if you can get into it, and see if there is an option to run it from power supply rather than the battery.

Solution