Question Acrid smell in cpu zone

May 7, 2023
For about a week I acrid smell coming from the top of my pc. I tried to turn it on without the side glass and it seems to come near the cpu zone. Could it be the thermal paste to change ? The last time I changed it was two years ago. I say I use it a lot, almost every day for gaming.
Temperatures are always very good 60 C in Cyberpunk 1440p and other.
The heatsink is CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT and case Corsair Icue 465X RGB.

Can you provide full system specs? Thermal paste shouldn't have any kind of an acrid smell. I'd be concerned with the PSU, motherboard, GPU, general wiring/connector areas causing the smell. I'd recommend looking more closely to look to try and determine the cause before a failure occurs. I'm familiar with the smell as I work with circuit boards for a living, and usually burning of some sort causes the distinct odor for electronics.

May 7, 2023
Full specs: CPU: Ryzen 5600x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3600 MHz CL16 Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMHAWK SSD: Sabrent SSD 1TB, PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 PSU: Antec EAG PRO 750W CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Case: CORSAIR iCUE 465X RGB

Thanks for providing the information. Nice build BTW! It can be helpful when several folks can chime in at attempts to resolve the issue. To check, are you certain or fairly sure the smell if coming the the CPU area? Not near the PSU exhaust fan or nearby? I would inspect the cables themselves, and connectors that mate to the motherboard as well, namely the 8PIN EPS, 24-PIN main connector, and PCI-E connectors for the 3080 to be sure they are firmly seated. Being that you have a Corsair AOI, which I had nearly the same model running for years on my Ryzen setup, I'd check closely with the wiring there as well as general inspection to be sure there aren't any signs of coolant drips making their way onto the board or GPU.