Acronis Restore Problem

Mel

Below is an e-mail I sent to Acronis. Does anyone here have a clue as to
what is happening? (Who knows how long it will take to get an answer
from Acronis, much less the correct answer.)

Sirs:
I had 5 True Image backup files on my 230Gig E: drive. Each of the
..tib files is of my C: drive made at different weekly intervals.

However, when I tried too restore the latest one while in Safe Mode,
neither of the three latest backups showed. Matter of fact, only the
oldest two images showed. The three latest .tib files were nowhere to
be seen on the E: drive when in the Wizard window.

Even after deleting the oldest THREE files, hoping the two latest
would show, the two oldest - which I had deleted before rebooting,
still showed after rebooting.

What the hey is happening?

I'm glad I stumbled on this before I really needed to restore a lost
C: drive.

version 8 (Build 826)

mel@mortana.net wrote:
> However, when I tried too restore the latest one while in Safe Mode,

Safe mode of *what*? Windows? The Acronis restore CD?

> neither of the three latest backups showed.

Didn't show *what*? The three files weren't there? The three latest
backup dates didn't show up in the restore dialog?

> Even after deleting the oldest THREE files,

Are you using incremental backups? If you are, that's a good way to
guarantee you'll never be able to restore.

--
-WD

On Fri, 13 May 2005 19:55:24 -0400, Will Dormann
<wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>mel@mortana.net wrote:
>> However, when I tried too restore the latest one while in Safe Mode,
>
>Safe mode of *what*? Windows? The Acronis restore CD?
>
>> neither of the three latest backups showed.
>
>Didn't show *what*? The three files weren't there? The three latest
>backup dates didn't show up in the restore dialog?
>
>> Even after deleting the oldest THREE files,
>
>Are you using incremental backups? If you are, that's a good way to
>guarantee you'll never be able to restore.

Perhaps he didn't leave enough space to store his images and is getting
two separate image locations confused. Doesn't TI hide the secure zone
(partition) from the user normally?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Perhaps he didn't leave enough space to store his images and is getting
> two separate image locations confused. Doesn't TI hide the secure zone
> (partition) from the user normally?

I don't think the OP is using the secure zone.

--
-WD

mel@mortana.net wrote:
> Why is this program so ridiculously difficult to understand and use?
>
> How in the heck does one make sense of this thing?

Reading the manual would be a good start.

--
-WD

TRENDING THREADS