[SOLVED] Acronis TrueImage Restore to different SSD

THartmann9374

Honorable
Feb 13, 2017
Hello all,
I recently bought 1 TB Samsung EVO 860 to replace my 500 GB Samsung EVO 850. All of my SATA ports are full with other HDDs ranging from 2 to 4 TB each. Samsung EVO 850 is C: Drive that contains Windows 10 and applications.

As for Acronis TrueImage, I have an Acronis image file that I stored on a different hard drive. I would restore it once maybe a few months for last few years and update then make a new image file. I had no issues restoring any image files.

Now my question is, if I pulled out old Samsung EVO 850 and put in a new Samsung EVO 860. Will I be able to restore my image file to that new SSD ever if it was created on old SSD? I will make Acronis Boot CD to restore.

Re-installing Windows 10 is not really an option because I have Angry Birds series and Microsoft Office which can be only activated few times. I'm trying to avoid from activating again and used up activation limitations. If I have to have to reinstall Windows 10, that would be fine, but hassle to contact Rovio and M$ to activate again only IF i run out of activation limitations.

Thanks! Tom

Solution
Now my question is, if I pulled out old Samsung EVO 850 and put in a new Samsung EVO 860. Will I be able to restore my image file to that new SSD ever if it was created on old SSD? I will make Acronis Boot CD to restore.

Thanks! Tom
Yes, that will absolutely work.

That is the basis of creating an Image like that.
Think of it as if you were replacing a dead drive.

Put in a new one, recover from the Image you made earlier.

850->860 is absolutely no problem.
Or indeed 850 EVO to any other SATA drive of sufficient size, even an HDD.

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks! Tom
Yes, that will absolutely work.

That is the basis of creating an Image like that.
Think of it as if you were replacing a dead drive.

Put in a new one, recover from the Image you made earlier.

850->860 is absolutely no problem.
Or indeed 850 EVO to any other SATA drive of sufficient size, even an HDD.

Reactions: THartmann9374
Solution