Question Activate windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2019
I recently bought a new pc and everything was ok with windows for around 2 weeks. Now I have an Activate windows watermark on my screen all the time and the activation tab says ''We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organization’s activation server. Make sure that you’re connected to your organization’s network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization’s support person. Error code 0x8007007B.''. My pc has never been in an organization I just had a guy assemble it and I bought it. Tried running slmgr.vbs /dlv but that says im running a non core version of windows.

USAFRet

Titan
Well what am I supposed to do now I need Windows apps for school and I can't afford another 100$ now
Options:

1. Leave it Unactivated and live with the watermark. It will run just fine (mostly) until you can afford to purchase a valid license.
  2. Go back to that shop, and demand satisfaction. Ask them exactly what is going on.

''We can’t activate Windows on this device as we can’t connect to your organization’s activation server. Make sure that you’re connected to your organization’s network and try again. "

This specifically indicates a corporate license, that is looking to validate itself to the corporate license server.
Not finding that server, you get the message you're seeing.
A valid Win 10 Home license would not do this.

D

Deleted member 14196

You can always download windows for free and install it fresh and clean and you don’t have to activate it until you can afford it and everything should work

Status
Not open for further replies.