active desktop

Rob

I used to have "active desktop" option, but lost it after re-installation of
NT4 sp6a and IE 6. Any clues?

Rob wrote:

> I used to have "active desktop" option, but lost it after re-installation of
> NT4 sp6a and IE 6. Any clues?

Been some time, but there is a trick to it. Re-install
Windows NT and followed by SP4 and IE4. IE4 has the active
desktop. Then update with SP6a and IE6.

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <#cYNoEyJEHA.952@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, Rob@imagebox.com.au
says...
> I used to have "active desktop" option, but lost it after re-installation of
> NT4 sp6a and IE 6. Any clues?

Details here:
http://www.jsiinc.com/subg/tip3200/rh3235.htm

(Just replace ie5setup.exe with ie6setup.exe)

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross