Active Directory database location

Hi, I wondered if there would be benefical to put the AD database/log on the
data dics instead of on the system disc?

I know you can not do a "cold" backup of the database file, but if a lot is
written and erased from the database the system disc would get fragmentet,
right? And that is not good.

Any views on his?

If you have a mssive database this is recommended for read/ write purposes.

However, to actually benfit you need separate physical disks - even better,
separate RAID logical disks (multiple channels).

Doing this on one disk or RAID-based logical disk with multiple partitions
would be worse then leaving it where it is.

If you're talking about only a couple of thousand objects, I wouldn't bother.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/