Active Directory Domain

Hello,

I currently have a server named MAPLES (domain) which is under (we will say)
tester.com domain, this server is a fully functional DHCP and FILE server.

so. under active directory users and computers it is listed as

tester.com

Is there any way I can change this without uninstalling AD?

Regards,
Jordan

With Windows 2000 Server, no. If your domain is a Windows Server 2003
domain, you can rename it using the Domain Rename utility supplied on the
Windows Server 2003 CD.
Regards

Oli

"Jordan Samulaitis" <jordan@jvsDELETEnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I currently have a server named MAPLES (domain) which is under (we will
> say)
> tester.com domain, this server is a fully functional DHCP and FILE server.
>
> so. under active directory users and computers it is listed as
>
> tester.com
>
> Is there any way I can change this without uninstalling AD?
>
> Regards,
> Jordan

If you have W2K3 you can use rendom, more info here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/downloads/domainrename.mspx

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Jordan Samulaitis" <jordan@jvsDELETEnetworks.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I currently have a server named MAPLES (domain) which is under (we will
> say)
> tester.com domain, this server is a fully functional DHCP and FILE server.
>
> so. under active directory users and computers it is listed as
>
> tester.com
>
> Is there any way I can change this without uninstalling AD?
>
> Regards,
> Jordan

TRENDING THREADS