active directory users and computers icon

you're going to luv this one...on my win 2k server, my active directory users
and computers icon has disappeared. the server still authenticates, but
start>programs>admin tools has only domains and trusts and sites and
services. Can someone tell me the folder the program runs in so i can build
a shortcut? thanks - jason

you can go to other dc and get the shortcut of this mmc, save it in a shared
folder and access it in your dc which ADUC shortcut has gone. Save in on your
desktop.

"ohdharleyboy" wrote:

> you're going to luv this one...on my win 2k server, my active directory users
> and computers icon has disappeared. the server still authenticates, but
> start>programs>admin tools has only domains and trusts and sites and
> services. Can someone tell me the folder the program runs in so i can build
> a shortcut? thanks - jason

Somebody's probably dragged [moved] it onto their desktop ;-)

The file it loads is dsa.msc in %systemroot%\system32

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net/
http://forums.msresource.net/

"ohdharleyboy" <ohdharleyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
you're going to luv this one...on my win 2k server, my active directory
users
and computers icon has disappeared. the server still authenticates, but
start>programs>admin tools has only domains and trusts and sites and
services. Can someone tell me the folder the program runs in so i can build
a shortcut? thanks - jason

Why not only start up an empty MMC (mmc.exe) and then load the ADUC snap-in
and save it?

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"ohdharleyboy" <ohdharleyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> you're going to luv this one...on my win 2k server, my active directory
> users
> and computers icon has disappeared. the server still authenticates, but
> start>programs>admin tools has only domains and trusts and sites and
> services. Can someone tell me the folder the program runs in so i can
> build
> a shortcut? thanks - jason

TRENDING THREADS