Active Directory

I originally had Win2000 Adv Srvr with a NT4 BDC listed in my Adv Srvr AD
I was unable to successfully complete DCPROMO to release the NT4 Srvr.

I just completed up grading the NT4 box to Win2000 Adv Srvr

Now I'm trying to add the new Win2K to the AD as a Domain Controller
The old NT4 is still in the DC list on the Primary Srvr and I get an error message when trying to put AD on the newly installed Win2K Adv Srvr.

This is the error message -> "The operation failed because: Failed to modify the necessary properties for the machine account BDCSRVR1$
"Access is denied. "

I can see the BDCSRVR1 in my computer list on the Pri Srvr's AD so I know I am connected.

What am I missing??? I would like to make the BDCSRVR1 the AD backup...

Hi

us;232070&Product=win2000

Hope it helps. Follow the steps exactly to ensure that
you get the correct result.

Cheers
Dan

TRENDING THREADS